History of Charlie's Inn Restaurant/Lounge
Charlie's Inn Restaurant/Lounge and Rooming house was built in 1891 as part of the outer buildings to support Dr. Webb's Adirondack and St. Lawrence Railroad at Lake Clear Junction. This important crossroads to the Utica-Malone route also hosted the railroad link to Saranac Lake and Lake Placid and served as one of the primary Adirondack Railroad hubs from 1892 - 1965. Starting from Paul Smith as original owner, up through current owners John & Jill Brockway, over the years the Innkeepers have all provided clean period rooms, along with good food and drink in a friendly atmosphere, to both travelers and local clientele. Operating under the name "Charlie's Inn" for almost the last 50 years, each Innkeeper has continued to update the grounds and services, all while maintaining the original Adirondack ambiance that attracted visitors to this region years ago and continues to do so today. In addition to the fine food services year round, facilities include seven on-site theme rooms, a three room apartment with bath, an adjacent five room cabin with bath, and a full service Summer campground, with numerous amenities on site.
To view photos, please click on the directional arrows below or scroll through the thumbnails. A slide show will begin when all photos load up. To view a specific photo at your leisure, please hover over the large picture area.